It’s estimated that close to three-quarters of Americans have or will struggle with some level of foot pain in their lifetimes. This is a concerning statistic, considering the fact that the average person has to take up to 10,000 steps per day. If you’re experiencing foot and ankle pain, learn what could be the cause of this discomfort and how you can get relief at Foot and Ankle Physicians in Burnsville, MN.
Common Causes of Foot and Ankle Pain
Foot pain is a symptom that can be caused by a wide array of conditions. Explore these common causes of foot and ankle pain to determine if they might apply to your specific case:
- Plantar Fasciitis (inflammation of the tissue that runs along the bottom of the foot).
- Heel Spurs (bony growth on the heel).
- Bunions (protruding bone on the inside of the foot).
- Corns, calluses and blisters.
- Achilles Tendonitis (inflammation of the tendon that runs from the back leg to the heel).
- Ankle sprain (ligament tears that are often caused by twisting or contorting the foot unexpectedly).
How to Get Relief from Foot and Ankle Pain
Your Burnsville foot doctor can help you get relief from these common foot ailments using non-invasive treatments, including:
- Orthotic shoes and devices
- Physical therapy and foot exercises
- Icing or heat therapy
In advanced cases, foot surgery may be needed to relieve pressure on the ligaments and tendons that have been damaged or inflamed.
Preventing Future Foot Problems
After you’ve been treated at Foot and Ankle Physicians, P.A., there are precautions you can take in the future to prevent foot pain. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Invest in high quality, comfortable shoes that have arch and heel support.
- Wear the orthotic supports prescribed by your foot doctor.
- Manage your weight—overweight patients are more likely to experience foot problems.
- Do frequent stretches and yoga exercises to keep your feet flexible.
Call Foot and Ankle Physicians, P.A. Today
The earlier you take steps to relieve your foot and ankle pain, the better for your overall foot health and well-being. Call Foot and Ankle Physicians in Burnsville, MN at (952) 435-2629 today to schedule a foot consultation appointment.